The Dollhouse

Porcelain Dolls in The Concrete Jungle

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All Things Grey



On a Crisp cold Wednesday in July, my photog (Alvira Engelbrecht) and I set of to Lemon8 for the All things Grey launch. Not knowing what to expect we decided to cover the smart casual look. I wore smart and she went casual.  

A bit sceptical about venturing into the unknown....(Selby) again, we were quite pleasantly surprised at the venue. I’m talking, free Amstel, huge white leather automan couches, free Amstel, snack platters, Kenzero at the DJ box, interesting people... did I mention free Amstel? Yeah?  well they almost stole the show those free beers.

Really great to bump into fellow bloggers and photographers jotting down notes snapping away and doing our thang. As the evening wore on, the space became congested with the stylish, the beautiful, the famous and the wannabees... as well as one or two infamous brands walking the floor. Yes Hammer, I’m talking to you. Was star struck to bump into 5fm’s laid back news reader Poppy Ntshongwana and chatted to Tumisho Masha at the bar... got ahead of myself and thought we were buddies (since I’ve known him for 8 years) until he refused to take a pic with me! Treating me like shwashwi or a star struck stalker is not Cool, Tumisho!

5fm’s Bubbly Anele did the MCing honours for the evening.... no guessing which radio stations going to be blasting Kabomo’s beats.

HHP is always a treat to watch and the most charming of gentlemen he is, when you ask for a picture. Not even uttering a complaint when asked to take another one cause my double chin was evident in the first.

Took a while but the diminutive dimpled and captivating Kabomo finally joined his snazzy 11 piece band that they kept boasting about, and shocked me with the sweet reverberations that exuded from his lips. The vibe was sexy and jazzy emphasized by the strong presents of the sax and surprisingly a trumpet was in the mix.



The crowd swayed, mesmerized by Mr Vilakazi’s rendition of Stimella and squealed excitedly when he was joined by the hugely popular HHP.

All in all I must say I enjoyed the launch and only wish it had not been on a school night so I could have hung around like a stalker after the show to meet him personally before he blows up and refuses to take a pic with me.. you know how they roll these schlebs.



XOXO Cins...









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys Don't be shy of dropping your 50 cents worth with a comment.